What is Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression is a non-invasive mechanical procedure performed within our office to help alleviate back pain. It involves gently stretching the spine to take pressure off the spinal discs (the cushions that separate the vertebrae in the spine). By relieving this pressure, bulging discs can retract back into place which takes pressure off the nerves in the spine. By decompressing the spine, it permits water, oxygen and other fluids to work their way back into the discs allowing them to heal naturally. Spinal decompression is an excellent option for anyone with chronic back pain who wants to get back to living a pain-free life as quickly as possible.
Our highly skilled chiropractor performs this unique manual technique to relieve the pressure from intervertebral discs. It involves a quick stretch and release of the spine to help reshape and rehydrate damaged, herniated, and degenerative, bulging discs. This will help alleviate the pinched nerves as well as the resulting back and neck pain. You will be carefully positioned on a special, padded table, fully stabilizing your hips and locking you into position. The doctor then performs a quick pull at the top of the spine to stretch and release every vertebra from the base of the skull to the sacrum (head to toe).
How does Spinal Decompression work?
Spinal decompression therapy relieves pressure from the shock-absorbing discs between the vertebrae. The cushioning discs get damaged from a spinal injury, poor posture or other health conditions. This causes severe neck and back pain that can be relieved through a series of spinal decompression therapies to create quick, effective vacuum forces inside these discs. This vacuum pressure helps pull fresh circulation and hydration back into the discs. By reshaping the discs, pressure is relieved from the pinched nerves and alleviates back and neck pain while providing pain relief from the disc itself. This therapy helps prevent unnecessary use of drugs or surgery.
What are the symptoms of Spinal Decompression patients?
First of all, it is important to give a detailed patient history at your consultation. We can better assess if this treatment is right for you. Spinal decompression has been most effective are patients who suffer from the following conditions: sciatica, neck pain, back pain, spinal injury and headaches that stem from nerves pinched by degenerative, bulging or herniated discs.
How does Spinal Decompression and Chiropractic work together?
Most people can benefit from chiropractic adjustments on a weekly basis. A spinal injury or misalignment usually requires chiropractic care to realign subluxations. Subluxations occur when vertebrae are not in correct position or alignment. Everyone’s body gets out of whack for a variety of reasons. However, some patients need care outside of their regular adjustments. If you suffer from disc problems, they need treatment beyond the vertebrae realignment from an adjustment. This is why there are such a wide variety of complementary therapies available. Spinal decompression address all facets of your back pain, neck pain,spinal injury sciatica, headaches, and more. We will bridge the gap by treating your overall spinal health through chiropractic care while also treating your specific condition through spinal decompression treatments.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for Spinal Decompression?
Spinal decompression is safe for most patients. It is a great alternative for drugs and surgery. During your consultation, we will do a complete examination to rule out any conditions that might cause a problem. Some contraindications are patients with advanced osteoporosis, pregnancy, obesity and extensive nerve damage. This will be discussed in further detail during your first visit.
How many manual spinal decompression treatments does it take before I see improvement?
This depends greatly on your individual condition. Generally speaking, long-term relief can be achieved between 4-8 sessions.
5 Benefits of Spinal Decompression:
- It’s Non-Invasive: Even if you suffer from severe back or neck pain, spinal decompression can help relieve much of the pain without the need for expensive and invasive surgeries. It is simply scheduling an appointment at our office, having the procedure done, and potentially walking out pain-free on the same day!
- Short Recovery Time: Traditional spinal surgery requires bed rest for weeks during recovery followed by physical therapy before returning to your everyday life. Whereas, chiropractic care can relieve the pressure on your spine helping to eliminate pain. The best part is you can walk out of the office on your own feeling pain free.
- Safe for All Ages: Regardless of your age, spinal decompression can benefit anyone. Our doctor is a licensed and experienced chiropractor. The procedure is completely safe, and you will hardly feel a thing as the pressure is relieved on your spine.
- No Medication Required: In addition to being a safe procedure that will help your spine heal naturally and relieve pain, you won’t need to pay for expensive prescription drugs or experience the side effects of pain medications. You can simply walk out of our office feeling great, and you can immediately get back to living your normal life pain-free.
- Quick Procedure: Spinal decompression treatments usually only take about 30 minutes depending on each individual’s needs. You do not need to spend hours waiting in the hospital to achieve the back pain relief you have been searching for.
If you have been plagued with chronic back or neck pain, you know how disrupting it can be to your everyday life. Standing up straight for long periods can hurt, getting comfortable at night can take forever, and simple things like unloading groceries can become extremely painful. Millions of Americans live with chronic back pain. If you have searched for any method to relieve your back pain, it is time to consider trying Spinal Decompression. You don’t have to live this way. Please call our office today (805) 644-0460.