- DRASTICALLY REDUCE YOUR GRAINS
- DRASTICALLY REDUCE YOUR DAIRY INTAKE
The main precursor in all grains that drives our bodies into inflammation is Omega-6 Fatty Acids. Omega-6 Fatty Acids, when consumed in high quantities (American Diet), results in an inflammation that the body can’t handle. To make matters worse, almost all our meat products are fed with grains instead of grass, causing a high level of Omega-6 Fatty Acids to be present in our steak, chicken, turkey, pork and even farm-raised fish. Grass-fed animals have a much higher level of Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which drive the body away from inflammation. We need to reduce or eliminate processed food, which have a man-made fat called trans fat. It is also important to reduce our dairy intake.
Nutritional research has shown the proper level of Omega-6 to Omega-3 in our diet should be 2 to 1. The average American diet is approximately 15 to 1. To correct this imbalance, we need to severely reduce, if not eliminate, our consumption of grain products (bread, cereal, pasta, rice, etc.) and increase our consumption of Omega-3 Fatty Acid foods (leafy greens, grasses, vegetables, fish) along with proper supplementation to restore normal health. Also, you can consume Omega-3 eggs.
THE BASE FOUR:
(Take all vitamins with food.)
Multi-vitamin: Take 2 daily
Magnesium: Take 1,000 MG
CoQ10: Take 100 MG daily
EPA/DHA (Fish Oil): Start at 4 per day. (If overweight, chronic pain or consume high amounts of grains, take up to 10 per day)
…..Other vitamins may be taken for specific needs.
FOODS THAT HELP DECREASE INFLAMMATION
- Chopped raw onions, red bell pepper, avocado
- Add extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, spices, (ginger, turmeric, garlic, sea salt).
- Add mixed greens-stir into #1 and #2.
- Sauté chicken, fish or meat and mix into salad
- Hint: Key to keeping calories low – Don’t cook protein with oil. Instead, sauté in water or the natural oil of the protein.
- Frozen, blueberries, cherries, strawberries and bananas
- Whey and/or Rice protein
- Soaked pumpkin seeds or almonds
- 3 tablespoons of fresh ground flax
OOOSS JUICE: Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
Boil 1 gallon of water; add ½ pound of sliced (raw) ginger. Lightly boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and keep off.
- Add 2-6 organic green tea bags. Steep for 30-60 minutes. Take out the tea bags (not the ginger).
- After 4-12 hours, strain out ginger, place juice in a glass jar and cool in refrigerator. Drink cool or reheat.
Consumption of trans fats, dairy, grains and meats is a major contributing factor in all diseases including heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and cancer.